My Valentine of Little Things


I believe that love lives also in the little things. One can climb a mountain, dive into the ocean, and base jump from the International Space Station, but that is just a single incident in a lifetime spanning thousands of incidents.

If love does not live in the little things, then it very well may not live at all.

So, here is a teensy-weensy incident. Of love. As a reminder of love in marriage, on Valentine's Day.
_________________________________________________________________

I'm a person who dislikes idlies, a South Indian breakfast staple, made from rice and urad dhaal. My wife, on the other hand loves them, so from time to time, we end up having idlies for breakfast.

A few years ago, I came home one afternoon to find my wife in a jubilant mood. She had that glint in her eyes, which meant that she had a surprise for me.

She drags me off to the kitchen and asks me to taste something - something, the likes of which I'd not seen before. They looked like flattened idlies. I started to protest - I don't like idlies! - but she would have none of it. "Just try it", she coaxed me.

I agreed and bit into one.

It was fantastic.

Basically, she had taken the idlies from the morning, pan-fried them with some good masala and butter/ghee, and the result was delicious.

Her thought process:

  • We needed an evening snack
  • Dan doesn't like plain idlies
  • The idlies would go to waste otherwise

Bullet-point number 2 above is why I remember this incident.

This may be too small for you. Too insignificant. But that's okay...

What I would advise you to do is this: go create your own, small, seemingly-insignificant-to-others kind of love moments with your spouse. Every now and then.

Then, watch your marriage become a fantastic labour of true love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Too Long

aJCfreak

Fake Call to extract Card information

Crazy Coonoor

I Hate Goodbyes

Quitting HP, moving on

Trip Up North - Part 1: The Train Journey