Quitting HP, moving on

Me, during my years in Bangalore (from L to R): August 2007, May 2009, August 2011
When, like me, one works in a large MNC for 5 years and 9 months, and then decides to move on, the onlookers raise questions. The first question, "Where did you get a job?", is also the most unnecessary question. I haven't got a job elsewhere. And I'm not looking. The second question, "What about money? Survival?" has a pretty unconventional answer ("unconventional" by the standards of this fast-paced, rat-raced world). It is an answer that some have scoffed at, others have considered as part of "Dan's craziness" while still others have been left stunned at hearing it. Nevertheless, the answer is simple: "God will provide." Let me try to explain things a bit more clearly.

On 22nd January 2012, during the regular Sunday worship service at my church, Adonai, the Australian worship band, Shalom, was ministering to us when God spoke to me. Directly, clearly, softly. And, repeatedly. He convicted me of three decisions:
1) To quit HP
2) To move and be with Smitha, wherever her research field takes her
3) (I shall keep this undisclosed for now, since this seems to be a longer-term thing, and I'm unclear yet of the exact steps to be taken in this direction)

So, I handed in my resignation on 31st Jan 2012, after a personal discussion with my manager at HP. Till the evening of 30th Jan, I was deliberating the date of leaving HP; for the 60 days of our notice period, we don't receive the regular salary - it is provided as a part of the "final settlement". I was wondering how I would survive in Bangalore without the regular salary for 60 days; a friend called up, out of the blue, and pledged the required amount. This incident has proved as a small view of how God intends to provide for Smitha and myself as we move forward in this new direction that He's leading us through. Our next plans are to move to Mysore temporarily, and once Smitha decides on the location of her research field, we both will move there for the foreseeable future.

24th March 2012 is when we're moving all our stuff to Mysore. 30th March 2012 is my last working day with HP and 1st April 2012 will most probably be my last day in Bangalore. My mobile number and email ID would remain the same, and I plan to remain active on Facebook as well. Oh, and I might be spending more time at The Indian Geek, among other things.

There are big plans that God has chalked up for Smitha and me. There are big changes occurring in our lives. There are big sacrifices we've been called to make. But you know what? When God says Go, you just go. No questions. No turning back. No second thoughts. I've drawn the line. And that's that.

Comments

Barney said…
Daniel,

I was reminded of a Bible verse in Proverbs 25:2 "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings." God was speaking to me thru this verse saying that sometimes man should go discover what God has planned for him. Not every time, God's will is shown as a traffic sign/directions for us to follow easily but He conceals them for us to discover. I know you already knew this as I remember when I was waiting for God's decision whether to quit HP, you said the same thing to me. And I believe you would discover what God has concealed for you. All the best!

Barney

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Too Long

aJCfreak

Fake Call to extract Card information

Crazy Coonoor

I Hate Goodbyes

AdiĆ³s, publicidad!