Trip Up North - Part 3: Mehsana, the dust town

Early on the morning of the 23rd of December (the day after we met the parents),  both my parents, Smitha and I left for Mehsana from Baroda. We had hired an Indica to take us there. The trip was nice. We slept for the most time and mum kept complaining that she couldn't see a single peacock. Smitha made the mistake of mentioning that peacocks were extremely common along the highways in Gujarat (atleast, near Ahmedabad) and this made my mum desire to see a few. Smitha and I could spot a few, but by the time mum turned 'round, we'd crossed those ever-elusive birds. Finally, though, mum caught sight of a few birds just before we rolled into Mehsana.

At Mehsana, I was all set to see my cousin and her two kids, all three of whom I haven't laid eyes on since May 2005. If you think that's bad, I've not set eyes on my cousin's hubby for way way longer - so long that I've forgotten how long it has been! So it was with a bit of surprise that I realised that both my niece and nephew (extended!) had grown up. The dude's 15 and the gal's 14. It was a little awkward at first, since we really had never spent time together... But after a while it was real fun. Of course, Dad took out his super-duper-dark-shattering camera and started clicking away... Only to be ousted by me. I mean, where Smitha is, I'm there with a camera, folks! ;-)

My nephew (15) and my niece (14) trying to not-smile


Smitha was sitting next to me, looking soooo sweet that I went opposite her and clicked these...

Doesn't she look sooo sweet?!?!


My cousin and her hubby


My Dad, getting in touch with his keys


Tuning the untuned

We all had a fun time at their house. My cousin apparently believes in stuffing guests to the brim with all sorts of food and things. She spent sooo much time in the kitchen for us! Whew!

Uncle Herbert (Mr. Herbert Samuel, a.k.a. my Dad) took up a guitar, then went to the keyboard - he was all on full throttle. :-) Me, I was happy to find the two youngsters grown up and knowing our praise and worship songs (Hey! Last time I met them they were into action songs' performances) We had a really enjoyable time of singing and stuff. Smitha and I even made sure that we attempted to crack all glass artefacts in the place with a stunning (really!) duet........ of Shout to the Lord.... Well, the song title should've been more specific. Lol.

A greatly enjoyable time, of getting to know people all over again. And a wonderful pleasure to have Smitha with the all of us. Mehsana was real good. Would love to visit again.... According to my cousin, if I don't visit again ......... then God knows what course of action she may take. :)

Praise God for all the wonderful-ness that He keeps pouring into our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Too Long

aJCfreak

Fake Call to extract Card information

Crazy Coonoor

I Hate Goodbyes

Quitting HP, moving on

Trip Up North - Part 1: The Train Journey