Goodbye fat... Hello, aching muscles!

My wife and I joined the Gym in the first week of June. I don't see the need for someone who looks like my wife to go to the Gym, but she wanted to have 1 month of working out before that trekking trip to the Himalayas (which is currently on). Me, I just wanted to see if I could lose this tummy that my five-year stint at HP in Bangalore had given me. So I joined up - and made sure that I was performing exercises for reducing my tummy only - none to increase arm/chest muscles as such. The first day we went was a Saturday. It was kinda hard - I've never been to the Gym before in my life. By sheer will and determination, I pulled through the required quota of 1 hour. My body was aching in all places through Sunday (we didn't go on Sunday) and Monday. I missed the Gym on Tuesday due to Men's Fellowship at church. When I returned to the Gym on Wednesday, my body hadn't been aching at all. I spent the whole day trying to find out what happened to all that pain in my arms and shoulders. I was slightly confused. I entered the Gym and started my warm-up exercises and my mind went "Hello! Aching muscles... Good to know you're all still around!" and my aching muscles made themselves known in the only way possible - by reducing my fat and aching.

For those of you who are curious, I stopped going to the Gym when June ended. I work out with the main stomach-reducing exercises at home in the mornings now. I'm just trying to stay fit... Also, I'd like to put out a special shout-out to my wife, Smitha, for being this totally amazing friend and companion at the Gym. She's awesome and amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Too Long

aJCfreak

Fake Call to extract Card information

Crazy Coonoor

I Hate Goodbyes

Quitting HP, moving on

Trip Up North - Part 1: The Train Journey